Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Blue Skies Smilin' at Me


Okay, so before I continue with this post, I must admit that this is a little premature. I mean it IS only the 11th for crying out loud. That being said, I can't help it... today is beautiful!
I've taken full advantage of my teaching schedule today: I raced home when the bell rang, stopping only once at Chili's to grab some chips n' salsa, then made my way to my small, vole invested backyard to relish the sun and the end of a great novel (Austenland by Shannon Hale).
Ahhh-*sigh*-relief. Finally some real R&R. I've even hiked up my jeans to mid-calf! Oh- what bliss is mine!

10 comments:

Melissa Sebourn said...

This post makes me happy! I can't wait for more summer sun, rolled up jeans and good books. I am so happy to hear you liked the book . . . I know a few years ago you and I would have loved to visit "Austenland"

Michelle said...

I can't wait for another "summer of Michelle"! Gotta love public education.

Marissa Joy said...

I love that book. It sounds like a perfect afternoon. Chips and salsa must be a Lee thing. That was Laurel's favorite snack when we lived in the dorms. I love them too but not like you Lees.

Laurel said...

Yesterday was amazing! I even got to drive around with the sunroof open. I'm glad my "mom" schedule coincides with public education's schedule. :) Can this be the summer of the Lees?

Alicia said...

YES!! YES!! Summer of Lees!

Alifinale said...

Sunshine and blue skies will make any day happy! I think when you go through a rough winter the sunshine is especially sweet. Glad you got to enjoy it. I want to read Austenland - was it a fun book?

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

I was totally addicted to their chips and salsa when I was pregnant. Yummy! Atta girl take a load off!

Danielle said...

Chips and Salsa, book, sun, relaxing- the only other thing I'd need is....inappropriate for blogging :)

LEE BIEN said...

I'm voting for a Lee summer! We get to spend Yellowstone time together and then new baby time, but what if we watched a movie together (same DVD, press play the the same time, all on the phone, plenty of chips and salsa) Could that work? Let's try.
Love, Mom

Melodie said...

That was a cute book! Glad you enjoyed your sunny day!