Thursday, May 8, 2008

Rock Star!


So I was driving home from school today rockin' my ipod shuffle. Yes, I am the moron who drives with my earphones in because we are STILL sporting the "stolen car stereo look" ever since it was rudely ripped out weeks ago. (Anyone know where we can buy a cheap car cd player?) It's important to have music while driving this car this time of year, as it is also sporting the "no air-conditioning/windows down look"...
Anyway, Heart's "Crazy on You" came blasting through my tiny speakers and I thought, yet again, how radical Ann Wilson's voice is, and how much I wish I could have a Rock Star voice like her's. So here's my list of Rock Star-ish women who I would sell my soul to sing like, in no particular order:

1. Ann Wilson

2. Karen Carpenter

3. Etta James

4. Fiona Apple

5. Melissa Etheridge

8 comments:

Dottie Stay said...

That is fantastic, and I totally am with you! I love Heart. There is nothing like her!

LEE BIEN said...

"Crazy on You, Barracuda, If Looks Could Kill", Ann Wilson was awesome! You're certainly about diversity by loving soundtracks like Les Miserables and The Man From Snowy River, and loving classic rock like Heart, Journey, Billy Joel, The Stones and even the everweird pre-white Michael Jackson.

Alifinale said...

I agree with your choices except Melissa Etheridge. Sorry, I don't hate her just don't love her voice that much. I would put Dolores from the Cranberries in her place.

Scott and Megan said...

sweet! you just rock out and sing at the top of your lungs in your car and feel like the rock star that YOU ARE! I love heart!

Laurel said...

You've gotta' throw a little Chrissie Hynde in there, too. :) I love how much you love to sing along to rock chicks. You are a TRUE rock chick at heart!!!

Michelle said...

Hey - I could beat any one of these chicks at karaoke. In my shower. With my radio on full-blast. In my dreams.

Unknown said...

I always get Heart and Rush mixed up. Are they both female vocalists?
Anyway, thanks for clearing that up...ROCK ON!

Danielle said...

I Love this list- All of which never really got the attention they deserved. Fiona- geez!!!

I like the Etheridge lady, but sometimes I feel like she's singing about chicks...