Friday, June 20, 2008

Beach Bound, Baby!

{Summer '06}


Well, we are pretty much packed up (I'm updating the ipod as I type) and we can't wait to hit the road, er-- airport tomorrow morning.

The Carters have the fabulous tradition of renting a beach house for a week in Newport Beach. I can't tell you all how much I look forward to this event each summer. Yes... even with my ever-growing-ginormous belly. I look forward to digging a hole in the sand so I can actually lay on my tummy, (thanks for the tip, Alison), gelato on the boardwalk, beach food, reading, hating random people with Sean, laughing with Markelle, meeting Katrina's little Preston, falling asleep to the sounds of crashing waves with Blaine, and doing nothing but sit and watch the ocean.
*Sigh* What bliss is mine!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

What an awesome tradition! I love the beach! We were there yesterday for about 6 hours...boggieboarding and playing in the sun! There is nothing better than being with the people that you love at the beach. Have a great time...call and maybe we can hook up.
Larabelle
PS: great pic of you and Blaine!

Kat said...

Yea!! Bring it baby. Can't wait to see you.

Karin said...

Hey jealousy....

Danielle said...

I'm so jealous you get to see Preston before me :(


BOO HOO!! Have fun :)

emmy said...

Oh what fun! I wish I was also lying on the beach with a hole for my belly! Cash forgot to take a few pounds with him when he came along. What a trouble maker! Have a good time! See you and the July dinner.

Laurel said...

Happy! I'm so jealous you guys get to lounge around the beach for a week. Have fun and be sure to show us all your fabulous pictures when you come home. Love you!

JethRobyn said...

So fun! I'm glad you guys are heading out there. We just got back from Newport Beach, I loved it. Say hi to the Ocean for me.

Lamb Fam said...

So many jealous feelings running through my veins right now! Newport Beach was a tradition in my fam from the time I was 1 'til the summer after our Junior year. Why they ditched it is still beyond me. Have a FAB time and I, too, have dug a hole in the sand for my pregnant belly. It's nice being able to lay on your belly again.

LEE BIEN said...

I have great childhood/California beach memories. Two that come to mind are remembering my mom being perfectly content to sit in a beach chair and read a book while we played in the ocean, and remembering being excited when the song Wild Thing came on the radio! Hope you're having a great vacation!

Angeler said...

I'm also raging with jealousy.

I haven't been to the beach in way too long. And since I don't think I'll ever live in CA, we probably need to adopt this kind of tradition for our own family.

P.S. I think you're home by the time I made this comment so welcome back. Can't wait to hear all about it.