Thursday, July 3, 2008

Back Back to Cali Cali

Well, as usual I've gone overboard here... also as usual, I wasn't great at taking pictures of everything and everyone. My documentation of my stay at the Kirks is sorely lacking. Hmm. At least there are plenty of the beach and "Action Jackson".
Well, here we go.
Does life look any better than this?
No shirt, no shoes, no problems.
Brent and Blaine in full-motion.
So the Carter boys had themselves a good, old-fashioned flipper-race along the beach. Hopefully, Markelle will post the video footage of this event. I'm pretty sure she got Sean "rolling" across the finish line. Hilarious.
Blaine and Doug. My battery died when Sean and Brent raced. Sad. (I'm counting on you, Markelle!)
Steve and Jack. Sweet.
Blaine and me. Love this guy. He's had that Billabong hat since I met him over eight years ago!
We celebrated Blaine's 31st birthday at the beach AND at Disneyland. Good times.

The only full-body-shot of me...hopefully. (Fingers crossed.)
The Carter dudes. Sean, Doug, Blaine, Brent, and Action Jackson. I really love this picture!
Mike and Lara. My wonderful aunt Lara and co. came to visit for a late afternoon. I love these guys! Look how hott she is!! Seriously.
Their darling girls, Brindley and Devyn. And thier cute cousin Josh. I can't believe how old these girls are-- and SO pretty.
Uncle Dennis in all his glory. This is my mother-in-law, Chris's brother. What an Italian stallion. I'm sad I didn't take any pictures of cute Autumn.


Okay, this picture is out of order and doesn't do this kid justice. This is baby Preston, Katrina's 3-week-old baby boy. He is adorable and looks just like Jeff. I had so much fun staying with the Kirks after I'd ridden all I could at Disneyland. Katrina was so nice to come pick me up, let me "veg out" at her house, and then take me to the airport. BFFs forever! I'm really upset I have no pictures of Kat, Christian and Jeff to post here. I suck.
Mr. Banana-Grabber (Arrested Development, anyone?) Okay, so it's not a Bluth Banana, but pretty darn close. Actually, a lot of A.D. was filmed in Newport and Balboa Island. We were constantly looking for a "loose seal" with a bow tie.
Doug and Blaine.
My Blaine.
Markelle. I really love Markelle.



Happy birthday, Blaine! We made sure Blaine wore a sticker all day that told everyone it was his birthday. Disneyland rocks... You tell them it your birthday, they give you a sticker, and every Disneyland employee wishes you a "happy birthday". Blaine was in heaven. He was getting high-fives from strangers. He loved it.
We thought little Jack was sleeping, but when we lifted his blanket, he was happily sucking on his feet.
Sean, Steve, Chris, Blaine and I took Jack on his very first disneyland ride: Jungle Safari. It was fun. He was a happy kid, and so were we. This ride is just as great as it ever was.
Sean and Jack.
Blaine and Jack. It's so much fun watching Blaine with his first and only nephew.





18 comments:

Trace said...

Looks like so much fun! How are you feeling? I can't remember what you are having. I am thinking a boy? Hope everything is going well. Keep me posted on your shower and baby news.

Michelle said...

I'm so excited you got a shot of Mr. Banana Grabber ("I never should have given up animation rights"). These pictures are fantastic! We might need to reinact that flipper race sometime. In my front yard.

Danielle said...

Awesome trip! I want to see the flipper race too...but after I get thru the first trimester...

Kat said...

I got to see Blaine at Disneyland on his Birthday and he was like a kid in a candy store. I am so glad my BFF married someone I adore too. Thanks for the visit Areesha. It was bomb.

Becca Jo said...

I'm glad that you had fun and that you are BACK! we have to get together.

Ms. Dottie said...

You look like you had so much fun!!! I want to rent a beach house with all the friends. Little Preston is so cute. Blaine is awesome in the flippers!!! Love Ya

JethRobyn said...

That looks like such a fun trip! We went to Balboa and looked for the Bluth banana stand too, but we never found it! I'm glad you guys had fun. You look so cute!

Karin said...

Loved reliving your California vacation with you. You look FaBuLoUs!
Guess I'll put my ignorance out there and admit I have no idea what a Bluth Banana is, but Balboa Bars and frozen bananas are a TRADITION among us kemptons each time we visit Cali. We average 3 or 4 visits there in a week's time. Seriously. (5 minutes from aunt Susans, we frequent the spot most nights.)
Kristin will be completely jealous to see you stopped by there. That is HER place. HER bench.

Markelle said...

You're right, you did go overboard but I am sooo glad! I really like your shots of the beach, and I love the b&w of Steve and Jack. I will do my best to get the video footage of the flipper races...not sure I know how. I have a feeling I will have a Ginormous post here in a bit too. BTW, I love you too!

Lindsey said...

Loose seal!! Love it. How much could a banana cost? Ten dollars?

Laurel said...

These pictures make me so unbelievably happy. :) Beach flipper races, Jack, Frozen Bananas, Preston, Hansens, Jack, loose seal with a bow tie, Jack... ALL OF IT! California is simply happy.

Jen & George Scott said...

So much fun!!! And you look so cute pregnant and on the beach!!! Way to pull that off!!!

Wilde Things said...

Looks like so much fun! The beach sounds awesome right about now . . . Someday, when I'm rich I'm moving to the beach.
And how fun to celebrate Blaine's 31st on vacation and at Disneyland no less.

Anonymous said...

Love the pics. It was so fun to see you! I really miss hanging out with you guys more. You rock!
Have fun in Yellowstone!
Larabelle

Cara said...

To spend a week at the beach. . . sigh! We're hoping to go to Cali next month, now I'm getting more determined to make the trip work! Great pics!

Dottie Stay said...

That looks like a blast Alicia! What a great time with family. You look great, and you are such a trooper. Can't wait to see you at your shower soon!!

tammy said...

we are meant to be because I love Arrested Development!!!!1

emmy said...

What a blast! Looks like you had fun and I've got to meet this "italian stallion"! Hope you are feeling fine and dandy. Missed you last dinner - squeeze that baby belly of yours and tell this kid Aunt Emmy can't wait to hold and cozy him!