Wednesday, June 24, 2009

North By Northwest

Well, while I'm sitting waiting for the sun to come out and fog to burn off, I'll go ahead and post our Washington trip.
We had a great time in the Great Northwest and loved spending time with my family... Particularly Nannie (who had never met Jake and Kaiya) and, of course Matt (whose graduation was the reason for the vacation).
 Matty. The star. I love this kid!
We barbecued on the deck and I snapped a few pictures of my baby brother.
My dad with Jake.
It was Michelle's birthday while we were there and my mom made this yummy cake. She's pretty sad here because it fell apart...but it was soooo good!
My Nannie. Isn't she pretty? I can only hope for her skin at 76! Seriously.
Matt and his buddy Daniel goofing around at Seminary Graduation.
So proud of my little Matty.

My mom and Michelle made Matt a pinata. I think we were all more excited about it than he was, but he and Brad had fun beating the crap out of it.
The violence of the smashed pinata upset little Jakey (poor sensitive guy), but this sucker made up for his tears.

Grandma and Jake at Camas High School Graduation.

Kaiya and Jake got sick of the stands, so Brad and I headed out to the football field.
Crawling...
...Crawling.
The crowd.
Matty.
I love this picture because Jake is wearing Matt's old sweater and he really looks like his uncle. So cute!

Matt and his buddies.


Matt and the Parents.
Matt with my mom and Nannie.
Matt and Nanners.
Awe cute.
Michelle, Kaiya, Mom and Nannie.
Four Generations! How cool is this?
My Four Generation Picture.
Isn't my little man handsome?

12 comments:

Laurel said...

I LOVE these pictures!!! I'm still so jealous we weren't able to be there with you all. Matt looks so cute and happy here. Gosh, I miss Washington.

Mom of three ♥ said...

Love the pictures! So great that you could hang with the family for awhile. I remember your Nannie from when she would come and visit you guys when you were younger. And before I read your caption of the picture of Matt and Jake with him wearing Matt's sweater I thought the same thing that he looked like his uncle too! Great memories you will have.

Christy said...

Awww, I know how you feel about little brothers graduating. Pulls your heart strings. Love the pictures of Jake!

LEE BIEN said...

Your pictures and post are fantastic! Thanks my darling. Let's start planning your Washington end-of-summer vacation so I have something to look forward to. Say hi to the Carters and have fun at the beach house!

Scott and Megan said...

yeah!! I love pictures!! Especially ones like these that are adorable! I am so sad were not able to come up either...stupid Delta Airlines! Nice documentation, btw. love it!

dxeechick said...

your kid is ADORABLE!

Michelle said...

Jake was so funny with that pinata. I feel bad that I thought his tears were grounds for laughter. Oh well. Thanks for taking so many pictures so that I can steal them :) Email me more bday ones, k?

Karin said...

Love the Lees! AND Nannie! I've never noticed a matt- michelle resemblance before.

Markelle said...

actually what you were doing was being anti-social. Chris even said so:) jk I had fun with you in Cali!

btw I love how supportive you and your family is. congrats Matt!

brooke said...

You little guy is soooo cute! He is getting so big so fast!

tammy said...

Your little boy is extremely cute!

Marissa Joy said...

Jake is getting so big and he is so dang cute! I love your pictures.