Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Hap-hap-happiest Place on Earth!

Well, I think it's been another week but here it is... Disneyland!
You know, I really truly believe that Disneyland is magical. It really is the happiest place. Every time I go I am surprised and elated that I still feel that tinge of happy excitement while walking onto Main Street. I can't wait until Jake really "gets it" and we can all bask in the magic together.

Here we are on our way to Anaheim Amtrak style. I felt like Rosemary Clooney dining with Bing Crosby... not really, but a girl can dream.

Matching Mousekateers!

"Dead Mean Tell No Tales."
Finally! A meal at The Bayou! It was great--if just for the ambiance.
{And being able to say we've eaten at that cool restaurant inside Pirates of the Caribbean}
Jungle Cruise: Still fun.
The laughing place.
Tired baby.
Happy family.


I love fireworks... and Disneyland's never disappoint.
Jake admiring his new favorite toy.
Flying Dumbo
I'm pretty sure I was much more into this ride than Jake.
Yup.
Jack.
Jacob Blaine and Jackson Brent with their Daddies.


I've always associated Dumbo with Jake.
Must be those big baby blues on that baby of mine.
We were lucky enough to hang out with Carl {Steve's brother who was in town for the day} at Disneyland for a few hours.

I love this shot... and loved Casey's Circus train ride. I don't think I've been on it since I was wee.

15 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

My favorites are the ones with you and Jake on the Dumbo ride. So classic!
I'm looking forward to taking our kids to Disney!

Anonymous said...

I loved your pics of your vacation!! What a cute family you have! Disneyland never gets old for me either....in fact, when I need a pick me up, we head to Disney. I totally look forward to cotton candy, fireworks, and the peanut butter cookies that are over in the store by Pooh's corner. (they taste like peanut butter fudge :)) It was so much fun to see you guys at the beach...thanks again for calling us!!! We sure do love you. I seriously think that Jake is the cutest kid ever!!!! Larabelle

tammy said...

I feel the same way about Disneyland. I get so excited to go. It is the only place where I can act like a 3 year old again and not get crazy looks. If they would only make lame Princess Costumes for us adults I would wear one there. I love the Blue Bayou! It is the best place to eat and they are sticklers about you being on time for your reservation! Last time I went with my mom, sister and friend and we had dinner with the princesses at Ariel's Grotto. We were the only people without kids and it was so fun! Let's vow to go together someday!

Jessie said...

Disneyland is so great!!! I can't wait till Crew gets to go! I am sure it gets THAT much more fun with kids. Right???!!!! Im loving all the pics! Especially the ones with Jake and Jack with their mickey ears! SO CUTE!

Laurel said...

So, so super happy! Once again, I just smile and smile scrolling through your pictures looking at Jakey. :) And yes, I, too, love that last picture of the train with Matterhorn Mt. in the background. Nice work! I can't WAIT to have us all go together (I'm still rooting for next spring...)!!!

dxeechick said...

Yay! <3 <3 <3

Unknown said...

So, I think the pics of you and Jake on the Dumbo ride are hilarious. You look so happy! haha

Candice said...

What a cute son of a bitch that Jake is.

(Excuse my language... just following your example of blogging like a pirate)

Okie said...

way cool. looks like good fun, which is to be expected when at DLand. :)

Mom of three ♥ said...

I loved seeing how much fun you had in Disneyland. We had a wonderful time when we went as well and even though our kids were young and won't remember it, it was still fun taking them for their first time! Sawyer has the same Mickey shirt that Jake has on in that picture!
Glad you had fun.

Scott and Megan said...

oh my good gosh! Alicia you guys are so cute and I think you look absolutely FABULOSO!! I am almost speachless (well typeless) you amaze me and I adore you more than you will ever know!

Markelle said...

Thank you for sharing! yay for Disneyland! you got some cute shots of Jake. I really like the B&W of Splash Mountain.

LEE BIEN said...

I cried (in a happy way) to see these pictures of you, Blaine, and Jake with the Carters at Disneyland. Wow!

Amber Burt said...

It is so much fun when they are little, I think just for our anticipation for our children to be as excited as we are now.

Christy said...

Wow. You guys got the true Disney experience. I love the Pirates of the Caribbean restaurant, Dumbo ride (my girls think I'm so weird that I love it), and the Jungle Cruise. Are their jokes still really dry? Love it! Did you guys go into Tomorrowland at all? And next time you really do have to do California Adventure. It has gotten so much better since it first opened. Fun roller coasters and the Bug's Life kids area is so fun. Oh and Soaring Over California ride is a must. So glad you guys had a good time. How was the weather? Cuz that can seriously make or break your experience.