Thursday, August 27, 2009

Operation: Scott and Megan

My sister, Michelle said all this better on her blog than I can, but I still want to plug this event here.

My brother, Scott and his wife, Megan are probably the greatest people around. Those of you who know them (or me) know a little about what kind of infertility hell they've been though these last few years. We all know they'd be wonderful parents, and I really feel like they will be someday...

They've been thrown quite a few curve balls over the years, but they are such a great team, such amazing friends, and the best aunt and uncle. Needless to say, they deserve a little break. It's like Michelle said, "These last couple months have been particularly hard, and as we've come together as family and friends, it boils down to this: we can't guarantee that Megan and Scott will get pregnant, but we can guarantee that they'll be able to pay their medical bills."

Anyway, if you can make it, please come support them this Saturday. I'll be there trying to get what's left of a summer tan and drinking Diet Cokes. It will be fun and it's for a great cause. It's this Saturday, the 29th. Check it out. We'd love to have you.

megsmiracle.blogspot.com

3 comments:

LEE BIEN said...

Thanks Alicia for this post. I appreciate you three girls for all your efforts.

Markelle said...

We'll for sure try to be there!

and I agree with everything you said about Scott and Megan. (but you know that!)

Christy said...

I can only imagine what they're going through. My sister is having fertility issues and she is being taken through the wringer. I feel for them. It was great meeting them at the ballgame. Good luck to all!