Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Sedagive???!!! {Young Frankenstein}

As you can see... our seats were super close (to the chandelier). We loved them.

Back in February (for my birthday), Blaine bought me tickets to see Young Frankenstein, the musical by Mel Brooks.
Back in April, we went.

It was killer.

If you are like me, you grew up with Young Frankenstien. The 1974 movie was a clear favorite of my parents, and I am happy to boast that it's also been a favorite of mine for what seems like forever.

Check out these little nuggets of hilarity: here and here.

Anyway, Mel's Broadway musical version didn't disappoint. Blaine and I were laughing and wiping away happy tears all night long. This musical was just enough of the movie (some dialogue was verbatim), and just different enough to surprise the audience. It was quirky and fun, and a little bit naughty at parts. It was genius. Mel Brooks--I love you, and I totally get what your beautiful late-wife Anne Bancroft saw in you.

Highlights include: "Please Don't Touch Me", "Together Again", "Puttin' On The Ritz", and "Deep Love". There was also a great ending that included Dracula. And I'm still giggling over Igor and the 'knockers' scene. Man--Igor stole the show. We loved him.

If Young Frankenstein ever comes to Salt Lake again--I'm in.

1 comment:

dxeechick said...

love that movie! must have been so fun