Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Tuesday

Tuesday night means a night to myself (you know, once the kids are in bed).

Well, tonight I really lived it up. I spent the first good part of it grading some Huck Finn papers for Charlotte. I hate grading. But these were honors kids and some of them can seriously write. It was actually kind of fun. While grading I got a huge case of nostalgia for my old college days. Must have been the Modern American Lit. genre mixed with a little Maroon Five from Songs About Jane. I can't tell you how many nights I spent listening to that album while up writing Lit. papers on Annie's old computer in our apartment.

Once my brain was sufficiently spent, I decided to really live it up and paint my nails and toes while watching Pretty in Pink. I know. I'm hard-core.

Man, it's been forever since I'd seen this movie and I loved every second of it. Blane and Andie's love story in pretty bland except for the kissing scenes--which had me gushing, of course. But oh! That Duckie Dale. Be still my heart. I still have a mad crush on that goofy kid. And, Iona is one helluva scene-stealer.

So, I don't know what is more pathetic: my rockin' Tuesday night (that I consider well-spent) or that I just realized that my pre-bed-comfy-outfit included my U2 Pop-Mart tour tshirt circa 1997.

What do you think?

No comments: