Tuesday, August 7, 2012

These Kids and Stuff

For the sake of being more "blog-oriented" (what, it's totally a thing), I snapped a few pictures of my kids the other day.
And--I'm even blogging about it. (I know. Awesome, right?)
Anyway, we've been pretty busy this summer. At least I think we have... then I think about it herder and all I feel is really, really lazy. Weird.
Either way, it's been a fun summer so far. And I know we still have August, but I can't help but long for Fall.
Every year I get like this. Yet, it seems that each year it hits me a little bit sooner than before. I hate the heat. There. I said it. I hate it. I am aching for open windows and crispy breezes. For cinnamon, apples, pumpkins, and vanilla. For orange and black. For boots and beanies and scarves and layers. Oh! For layers!
But I am getting ahead of myself. This week, I plan on at least two pool days and maybe even one at the reservoir. Gotta build up that cancer layer before we head to the beach next month. (Yay!)
Anyway, these kids are so awesome. They are my whole world and despite my crazy Mom moments, I really like them. Like, a lot.



Jake is getting so old. He will start pre-school in the Fall and it's really freaking me out.
He has this hilarious little sense of humor and I love his laugh. His entire face lights up and eyes literally sparkle. He's very social and loves to talk to everyone. And, I do mean everyone. Complete strangers, even. (Gotta watch this kid all the time.)  He's so smart. Our pediatrician told me he seems to have a very mechanical mind and truer words couldn't have been spoken. Jake is very much like his Daddy and he loves to know how things work. His latest favorite show is "How it's Made". Dead serious.
He's also proving to be a great big brother. It's not always sunshine and rainbows between Jake and his sister, but he sure knows how to take care of Sarah.
Jake's a great little pal. I'm so happy he's my little pal. He is also my little singer. He sings all. the. time. Seriously... it's adorable (and only a little annoying to hear the "Cars 2" theme song day in and day out.


Sarah is hilarious. She is turning into quite a little lady and loves anything resembling a "pretty dress". She's playing with her dolls more and more and is obsessed with babies. She has an adorable little laugh and kills me with her big eyes. She's also pretty cuddly and melts my heart pretty much daily.
She's stubborn. Really stubborn--but sometimes, I think that quality is endearing too. She talks all the time. Like, non-stop and we almost always know what she is saying. Our pediatrician even wrote down a sentence she said at her last check-up because she was so impressed with Sarah's verbal communication. I'll admit--I was pretty proud.
She loves her big brother and has the nick-name of "Donkey" around here... she's always following Shrek, er-- Jake around. She'll do anything he asks of her and it's really kind of adorable to watch them play together.
She's turned into such a daddy's girl lately and it's so fun to watch. I just love how much my kids lover their daddy. *sigh*

1 comment:

Markelle said...

I'm with you on the layers and your cute kids!