Monday, December 10, 2007

Edible Homes...

This was my second "Gingerbread House Extravaganza" as a Carter, and it was fantastic. We don't really vote on the best each year, we just nod in silent agreement. I love being a Carter!
So which do you all like best?

Here's Mine and Blaine's beach house. Check out Blaine's palm tree. We can't wait for Newport Beach this summer!
Here's Sean and Doug's treehouse. I am amazed by their bridge and campfire. So cool!
This is Steve and Chris's train. I love the conducter!
Brent and Markelle's cabin. Markelle was dissapointed that she couldn't "live here"
...aren't we all?
And finally, Carl and Judy's Jungle Cruise tour boat. Check out the detail on the fruit. Yeah-- those are made out of Starburst. They are not Runts. I'm not kidding.

10 comments:

Elizabeth Moon said...

Those look incredible. Excellent!

Alifinale said...

Wow! Those are amazing. What a fun tradition.

Laurel said...

So happy! I really like them all!

Michelle said...

Holy cow! Have you people been working on them since June??

Becca Jo said...

Holy cow! that is so cool they do that. One time Stewart and I won a gingerbread house competition. we made one that looked like Old Main in Logan. Yeah ours sucked it just sucked less than everyone else's.

Jeff & Jacki Sharp said...

Yum yum. Sounds like he has a fun family. We got your Christmas card yesterday and it is so cute! Thanks! Your blog makes me feel more Christmasee or is it Christmasy... Love ya!

Karin said...

um, WoW!

Anonymous said...

Matt and I tried to make a Gingerbread house from a kit that Nannie sent me for my birthday (yes, and boo, it is in September) but anyway, as we were wrapping it us the roof caved in and it was ruined. So we had a good laugh and Matt ate some of the candy and the rest went down the disposal. It wasn't a great success...but we had a good time. Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Those gingerbread houses are B.A.!!

Scott and Megan said...

HOLY SHIIITE how long did those take y'all??? i'm impressed! i haven't been chekcing the blogs much as of late but howdy and cool shtuff!

Scotty