Friday, December 7, 2007

STRIKE! STRIKE! STRIKE!

Alright, so this is the second post in just two days (a scary side-effect of procrastinating grading), but after watching yet, more re-runs on what used to be my favorite TV night of the week last night, I need to ask the following question: Is this strike working? I mean, really, is it effective? Are the writers making their point or are they just pissing us all off? 
I'm not anti-strike or anti-union; I think that history and Disney movies starring Christian Bale:) have proven that striking has its merit. But really, is this working?

5 comments:

staci said...

Alicia-I'm glad you don't think I'm nuts for being a blog stalker! I have checked out LaChae's and left her a comment a while ago, but she never wrote anything back. I will definitely add you on my favorite bloggers. I agree, the world of blogging is weird, but it's really fun and addicting I have found! It's a great way to keep in touch too I think! So I'm glad we found each other!

About the writers strike - I am SO with you! Is it REALLY working? I'm all about the writers getting what they deserve as far as money goes, but seriously is this working? I heard that Jay Leno's show had to lay off some people. Now that would suck don't you think? This whole writers strike isn't just affecting the writers. I'm sure they know that, but come on! We need our shows!!!

Laurel said...

What sucks is that now that they are "getting to" the public with their drought of new material, I'm sure it is still yet to be determined if the networks are going to cave. Although, I DO agree with you: I MISS MY THURSDAY NIGHTS! Get over it, writers. You make a lot of money, as it is.

Dottie Stay said...

Yeah, I think that they are just trying to piss us off!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Scar Belly said...

You inspired me... Be sure to make corrections with a red pen.

http://scarbellysrevenge.blogspot.com/2007/12/bread-and-circuses.html