Thursday, April 30, 2009

Happiness Laptopified


Funny that my sister, Michelle commented today that maybe Blaine will love me enough to buy me a new laptop (or something to that effect)... because today Blaine brought me home an early Mother's Day present.
He was able to buy the same MacBook Pro that he had to give back to "the man". Today I love "the man", and more importantly--I love my man for pulling some strings and making this happen. I am so excited I can hardly stand it. No more searching for a wireless signal. No more holding the speaker cord just right. No more sticky mouse buttons. No more nonexistent battery. No more crappy memory.
The best part of this special surprise was that he wrapped it (because he knows how much I love unwrapping presents) and the sweet card Blaine wrote me, where he included this awesome quote: "Other men said they have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou are enough." I think I must have won some jackpot in heaven because frankly, I don't think I deserve to be this happy.
I love you too, Blaine.

14 comments:

Jessie said...

Oh my! You are going to love "lappy", as I call mine.

You will often reflect back on life "pre-lappy" and wonder how you ever lived without it!

Blaine, you're the bomb!

....honestly, Im not even sure if Grant knows that mothers day is coming up......

Unknown said...

Macbooks have that effect on a lot people. But I feel sorta awkward that Blaine wrote me the same thing a couple of years ago...

Apple = Balls!

Jen & George Scott said...

Nice!!! You did get a great one!!! He is awesome. I miss you tons and we need to hang out soon!!!

Alifinale said...

Ok, that is too cute and sweet and I love how happy it made you. Happy to you!

Becca Jo said...

oh I'm so happy for you!

Laurel said...

HAPPY! HAPPY! HAPPY! Blaine really is the best in knowing just what you want. It's kind of amazing.

Though, I DO have to give you crap for using the wrong kind of "affect"... :) A-ffect is a verb. E-ffect is the noun. Ha!

Michelle said...

laptopified??

Alicia said...

Laurel--you are mean. And right. Damn.

Derek and Shar said...

What a good hubby!

Laurel said...

Ha! You changed it!

Chereebee said...

hip hip hooray for you!! laptops are thee best! What a sweet hubby you have - and yes you deserve to be that happy! :)

Markelle said...

pretty exciting! I guess I'll just have to blog/facebook/surf the net in the computer chair instead of in my bed.(poor me) nothing is better than having a laptop and high speed internet in bed. then again everything is better in bed!

LEE BIEN said...

I suppose the laptop is exciting but I'm reserving my praise for Blaine!

Scott and Megan said...

You just soak it all in Al! You DO deserve to be this happy! You are wonderful and wonderfullness is comin right back at ya! LOVE YOU