Thursday, May 7, 2009

Best. Disney Moment. Ever.

Today I am watching my niece, Isabel at Laurel's house.
Michelle's baby (Kaiya) is pretty sick with bronchiolitis and has to have regular breathing treatments and medicine. Poor baby. Poor Michelle and Brad. Anyway, they could get away with taking everyday off this week except for Thursday, so Laurel and I thought we would help out. Laurel's with Kaiya at Michelle's, and I'm with Jake and Isa.
Aside from Jake's audition for "The Excorsist" last night, it's been easy peasy. We've been eating Laurel's cookies and fruit snacks, having tea-parties, and watching "Rella". (I think I got the bargain part of this favor.)
Is it just me or does the end of this movie make everyone tear up? I feel like I'm a little girl all over again. And watching Isa jump up and down with all of Cinderella's friends is enough to make anyone cry with joy.

6 comments:

Mom of three ♥ said...

That is so nice of you guys to help Michelle out. Poor baby Kaiya hope she gets feeling better soon! So you don't all live down in Payson do you? Or is it just Michelle and Laurel? I thought that you were in Tville? Maybe I am wrong!By the way I could not see what movine you were watching, it would not pull up on my end. :)
Have a great day!

Laurel said...

Hooray! And I'm honestly relieved that Isabel's go-to movie of choice is actually Cinderella. :) There are so many less-favorable (on repeat) options out there... And hey, the fact that I was over at Michelle's with Kaiya just meant that I got to watch "adult" television (a.k.a. Gilmore Girls -- episode after episode) instead of cartoons all day. I'll take it!

Christy said...

haha. Yes. Yes it does. I love that movie. We reference it all the time in our house. I won't tell you all the reasons, otherwise, you'd think I was totally off my rocker. But at least one of the ways is when I tell my girls to keep dreaming. I love that song at the beginning of the movie. And much to my girls chagrin I sing it all the time. :) hehe.

Michelle said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping out yesterday. You guys are the best.

By the way, when I got home and asked Laurel what she did all day, she said that she "watched season seven". The whole thing. I was jealous. So I watched the last five minutes of the last episode and cried.

Michelle said...

Will you add the to/too/two rule to your nit-pick list? I've been seeing that one a lot lately.

LEE BIEN said...

I just watched your clip from Cinderella and started to cry. Do you remember how you used to happy-cry when we'd read Cinderella and she got to go to the ball? "No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing..." that is great stuff!
P.S. Thanks for helping out with Kaiya.