Saturday, May 16, 2009

New Sister!! (For me. Not Jake.)

This is long overdue, (Doug and Jen have been engaged for a little while now) but I am so excited about Jen joining the Carter clan. They'll get married in August and we can't wait to claim her as ours... I think we will have to officially induct her in June when we all go to the beach house together. Poor girl. I hope she knows what she's in for. :) I love this girl! Don't you love the expression on her face here? She's thinking, "Why is Doug's crazy sister-in-law taking pictures of us? She's creepy and weird." True, Jen. True.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I seriously love Jen. And I seriusly love the look on Doug's face in that picture. And I seriously thought that you were announcing another baby, and I was seriously confused.

Laurel said...

Oh, I love that picture! I am glad that you are a weird, creepy sister-in-law (and sister...). And yes, Jen is awesome! Congratulations to them, and to you!

Markelle said...

ahhh, I do like this picture...pretty exciting stuff!! yay for Doug and Jen!

btw, I am still smiling about the title.

Scott and Megan said...

I wish it was an announcement about another baby!!! C'mon now that you have seen what the combo of genes can make...lets get going!!!:) I secretly (and now openly) wish I could attend the June Carter beach house fiesta...I feel a twinge of jealousy every time I hear about it!:)i loved spending Mother's Day with you! it was one of the funnest afternoons! Just sitting and spending time with you--hearing you laugh and watching Jake investingating new thing and watching Blaine go from the ktichen to the couch with a variety of items..pineapple anyone? I just love you guys sooooo so much!

LEE BIEN said...

The first time I met Jen I knew I really liked her. I'd like to be the first non-Carter to welcome her to the family. This is awesome news.