Sunday, August 23, 2009

"It's like the End of an Era... I know!"

Dutch are Karen Robinson are leaving West Jordan.
They have been family friends my whole life and it's so strange to think that they won't be local anymore.
After my parents moved over ten years ago, the Robinsons took me in. {I actually moved in with them for a summer.} I can't begin to count the hours I've spent at their kitchen counter eating Karen's amazing cookies, drinking coke, and talking and laughing with the family. Their home has been my "home away from home" for years.
 I wish this picture wasn't so blurry but here they are: Karen and Dutch.
{And Dee's baby girl, Lauren.}
The girls.
Chels and me. I love this girl!

3 comments:

errin julkunen-pedersen said...

yeah. this has nothing to do w/ this post (c'mon, i don't know these people!) but, i wanted to say hi, because i like to stop by your blog and actually make a comment about how much i love and miss you and how we should get together in real life, but then never do, every few months. i thought i was due. ergo: i love you, i miss you, we should get together in real life.

Mom of three ♥ said...

My mom ran into Karen a while back and told me that they were moving to Idaho. It will be weird to not have them in that house anymore. Best of luck to them and their new adventure!

LEE BIEN said...

I love the Robinson family! Thank you so much for going and for representing me, as well. Where would I be without my lifetime (I met her at BYU) friend, Karen? And who could not love Dutch? They will be gone, but not forgotten.