Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Isabel is FIVE

I can't believe that my first niece is seriously five years old. It kind of blows my mind.
This year, Isabel requested a "pirate princess" party and in true Laurel fashion, the party was off the hook.

Birthday girl.



An awkward photo op.


Classic Blaine face.

Some guests playing a little mood music.


Robyn and Brett.

Oh, Scarlett.



F'mazing cookie ice cream bowls and cupcakes.


Love a good photo bomb.




Laurel made up a treasure hunt for the kiddos. She put numbers up around the house and set up little stations for eye-patches, earrings, tattoos, a pirate ship with a walkin' plank, and finally a treasure chest with booty-bags.

Jake was in heaven and in full character all night. He called Laurel and I, "Captain Laurel" and "Captain Mommy". It was awesome.


Arg.



Getting tattoos.




Couldn't resist a drunken sailor Kaiya.




Poor Benny was not having the tattoos.


I wish these pictures turned out better. Laurel and Jason set up the ship in their theater room with pirate music playing and an east coast live feed on the big screen.



Ahoy.

Walking the plank.

Oh, Ben.

That's better.

Captain Laurel opening the treasure chest for the little pirates.


A little blurry, but Sarah's excited face is priceless.


Already dripping in jewels.

Kaiya gearing up.


Jake came home with at least six of these telescopes. I asked him why he had so many and he said, "Sorry, Mommy. I took them from the other kids." *sigh*

Scarlett diving in head first.


Is it weird that I want one of these mini-coopers for myself?


Checking out Isabel's loot.

Showing off her presents.

Showing off her cheeks.

Getting ready to blow out candles.


Happy birthday, Isabel.

4 comments:

dxeechick said...

hahaha your kid's a clepto ;)

LEE BIEN said...

What a party! Laurel has outdone herself. Thanks for the photos, Alicia. It is almost like being there. I miss you guys.

Mom of three ♥ said...

What a fun party!

Laurel said...

I love that you posted this, and hate myself that you beat me to posting this. HAHA! As always, I'm so glad I have the most amazing family who all manage to come to events like this. THANK YOU!

(And yes, the party was pretty rockin'!)